Student leaders in Preschool, Kinderdance, and Level 1 classes Assist classes and learn choreography for performances
- Demonstrate dance movements and act as a leader in the classroom
- Help to bring out and clean up equipment (mats, scarves, etc.)
- Escort students to and from the restroom as needed
Apprentices may or may not perform on stage with the younger students depending on need and show orders
We do this as a way of fostering leadership skills, responsibility and discipline in our growing dancers. Apprentices help to strengthen our dance community and their own skills as dancers, leaders, and performers!
- At least 9 years old; some exceptions for 8-year-olds may be made
- Ability to be present in the class they sign up for each week
- Ability to attend scheduled rehearsals for the class they sign up for (check Events webpage for rehearsal schedules)
- Ability to arrive on time, in uniform, with hair pulled back neat and tidy
- Ability to demonstrate respect for the teacher in the classroom and quietly carry out instructions
Director’s approval will confirm your child’s enrollment in the apprentice program. You will then begin to recieve the younger class’s scheduling emails, and your child will be added to the Apprentice Spotlight bulletin board in the lobby.
Please send us a their headshot!
the pennington studio
114 Straube Center Blvd. Suite K-2 Pennington, NJ 08534